A quick update on our Beach program. The City has closed all beach courts till July at the earliest. Consequently, we will not run a formal beach program this summer. Please do not send in any payments as they wil only need to be refunded. When the courts reopen, we will advise as to when we will try to rund some drop in sessions.
The current situation with the Covid-19 virus has created an unprecedented time in everyones lives. We hope that everyone is well and safe, staying at home or at least keeping outings to a minimum and exercising proper social distancing. As we should always do, stay at home if you are at all ill, whether it is Covid-19 or any other ailment. For anyone who has contracted this illness, we wish that your symptoms are mild and you have a speedy recovery.
As a result of Covid-19, the OVA has shut down all events for the foreseeable future. This means there are no more indoor tournaments and word is just out that Ashbridges Bay is not available until July at the earliest so there is likely no Beach Tour until that time.
Consequently, The Cubs have suspended all club activity until further notice. This means that the remainder of our indoor season is cancelled and our beach program is in limbo.
We have booked the beach courts at Centennial Beach for Mondays and Tyndale Park for Wednesdays starting May 27. The plan was to run 2 sessions per night; 6:30-7:30 for younger less experienced players and 7:30-dusk for older more experienced players. The city has put a hold on all permits until at least June 7 so if we run this program, it will definitely be an adjusted timeline.
We were looking at a cap of 16 players per session and would open registration to Cubs players and their families for the first 2 weeks and then open it up to all others.
This of course will all be dependent on what is happening with the Covid crisis and social distancing so I would suggest registering if you are interested but we may have to cancel the program if social distancing is still in effect. We will make this call in the first part of May and send emails outlining the situation.
Unfortunately the court rental fees have increased. As a result we are looking at fees of $80 for Cubs and family and $100 for non Cubs. If we run a shorter program, fees will be adjusted.
To register, use the form below. Please do not make any payments at this time as the running of this program is still uncertain. When it is time, preferred payment method is etransfer to email@example.com or cheque and of course we will accept cash.